Your nails are a very important part of your hands and they too need to be well taken care of. Well-kept hands with neat, clean and healthy nails are a pleasure to behold. We can say that for your hands to look beautiful, your nails need to be strong and healthy. To achieve this, you need to undertake certain steps, such as cleaning your nails on a regular basis, treating the cuticles properly and keeping the nails well moisturized. Go through the hand nail care tips given below and know more on keeping your nails healthy and beautiful.
Nail Care Tips
• To harden soft nails, soak them in warm olive oil for about 20 minutes, on alternate days.
• To remove stains from your nails, mix one tablespoon of lemon juice in a cup of water and soak your nails in this liquid for a few minutes. Then, wash off with warm water and apply a hand moisturizer.
• It is not a good idea to remove the cuticles from your nails, as it will make the nail susceptible to infection. Rather, make sure to use good quality cuticle oil and gently push back the cuticles, with the help of an orangewood stick.
• Try to stay away from acetone polish removers as much as you can and stick to the one that make use of acetate. Still, try not to use a polish remover more than once a week.
• In case you wear nail polish, make sure to give your nails a break from time to time. In other words leave them without polish for a few days, every now and then. Otherwise, they will develop an ugly, yellow tint.
• If you want to give a natural shine to your nails, just like the clear base coat, rub petroleum jelly on your nails and then buff them with a soft cloth.
• If you have brittle nails or split and dull nails, then increasing your consumption of Organic Silica, Vitamin B (especially B5) and MSM (Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane) as it will surely help.
• Never ever resort to nail biting, as it is extremely destructive for the nails as well as the cuticles. If you are in the habit of biting your nails, stop as soon as possible.
• Whenever you wash your hands make sure to dry the nails properly and apply a hand cream or lotion, using it on the nails as well. This is because soap makes the nails dry and brittle.
• The best time to file your nails is when you are already wearing a polish. This will prevent splitting or breaking of nails.
• If you have brittle nails, it is advisable to wear nail polish or at least the clear base coat as much as you can.