When you are getting ready for a party or an outing with your friends or even for work and you would like to make an impression on the people around you-you should not forget lip makeup. An attractive pair of lips is tempting and has a vital role in making you look attractive and beautiful. Colors used for lip makeup needs to be chosen with great care.
Lip liner: When you are concentrating on lip makeup, you have to choose a good lip liner. Drawing the outline perfectly, you can offer a good shape to your lips. It promotes you fuller or thinner lips. For rejuvenating drooping lips, use this product. Most of the women prefer lip liner for giving their lip a good feature.
Lip balms: Lip balms contain moisturizing and sunscreen effects. Numerous types of lip balms nurture your lips. These are beeswax lip balm, petrolatum with wax, petrolatum, waxes with dimethicone, etc. Beauty experts prefer this cosmetic so much and suggest using it daily on the lips. Your lips get sun protection formula and remain smooth and soft.
Lip balms and exfoliants: Lip balms and exfoliants work as scrub for your lips. In addition, your lip gets moisturizing and sunscreen benefits, as you exfoliate the facial skin with various kinds of scrubs, lips are also rejuvenated with such exfoliants. However, lip balms and exfoliants come together in a single product. The ingredients which are included in such products are vanilla, honey, coconut oil, cocoa butter, white chocolate, velvet sweet chocolate and more.
Lip plumper: For enjoying a fuller lip, select lip plumper. It is a wonderful cosmetic for your lip. Translucent, tinted, opaque are the types of lip plumpers available, buy this product if you are searching for a sexy pout as it is composed of menthol and camphor. The product also encourages collagen production and moisturizes your lips. To enjoy the stylish effect on your lips throughout the whole day, apply lip plumper again and again.
Lipsticks: Lipsticks bring an outstanding makeover on your face. After shaping the lips with a lip liner add an awesome shade on it. You may choose the shades according to your skin complexion, from matte to satin sheer shades.
Lip gloss: Lip gloss offers sexy lips. If you are bored with the common texture of your lip you may include lip glosses. It also nourishes the lips adding glamour and fun. You may apply lip gloss alone or with your lipstick.
How to apply Lip Makeup?
Outline with Lip Liner – Before you take this step to define the shape of your lips with the lip liner, make sure that your lips are smooth, soft and free of grease. Try using a sharp lip liner (it should be a shade close to the color of your lipstick). Apply the same with a steady hand and don't make the line too dark. While making the line on your upper lips start off with the center and then come toward both the edges. For the lower lip make the line from both the sides.
Try to prime up the lips with A Lip Balancer – Make the base right before applying the lipstick. It should be balanced out to match your skin tone.
Fill up with the Lipstick – Use a lip brush and fill in the lip color on both lips. Same as that of the lip liner, for the upper lip, you shall have to start off applying at the center and then move towards the two sides. Similarly for the lower lip, apply it from both the sides. Don't put on too much color. You can always try adding more color later on rather than removing the excess colors.
Blotting Off - Fold a clean tissue paper and hold it between your lips. If there is excess color just press your lips slowly together.
Apply lip gloss – Lastly, make the finishing touch by applying the lip gloss over your lipstick to make your lips gleam with shine.
5 steps to get Beautiful Lips
Following a few simple steps can help you get those perfect lips you yearned for a long time:
• The first step to have beautiful lips is to make them soft and supple. Use a lip salve or a lip balm to keep your lips soft and moisturized. The simplest homemade lip balm that you can use is a mixture of 1 drop honey, 1 drop olive oil and 1 drop almond oil. Massage this mixture gently into the skin of your lips before you go to bed at night.
• Always remove all traces of makeup from your lips before you go to bed at night.
• Drink lots of water, eat a balanced diet and exercise regularly. If your body is in good shape, your lips will look healthy.
• Avoid smoking and chewing tobacco as these may stain your lips.
• Avoid eating junk foods and keep your alcohol intake to the minimum.
Makeup Tips for Lips
It's possible to get those tempting, luscious lips in a few quick steps:
• Apply a light foundation evenly on your lips; dust a light face powder on them. This will ensure that the lip color stays on longer.
• Get the desired shape of your lips with a lip pencil or a lip liner. Ideally the color of the lip liner should match the shade of your lip color or lipstick.
• The beauty of your lips depends on how perfectly you outline them. For a perfect outline rest your elbows on a hard surface and then draw the borders. Border the upper lip first. Give your upper lips a Cupid's bow shape and then go on to the lower one.
• Always use a brush while applying lipstick on the lips. Choose a lipstick which suits your dress, hair and complexion and fill the outlined portion with it. Open your mouth and apply the lip color evenly on your lips. You may use lip sticks or liquid lip colors. For a glossy effect apply lip gloss over your lipstick. If you are going out in the evening, you may even use lip glitter.
• Use a blotting tissue to remove excess lip makeup. Lightly press the blotting tissue onto your lips and remove it.
Lip sticks and lip colors usually have three different effects: matte, frosted, glossy. Ideally those with thick lips should avoid lip gloss and glossy lip sticks or lip colors.