Why to exfoliate the face?
Regular face exfoliation is the best way to keep your skin clear and healthy looking. Exfoliating is skin treatments where the dead skin cells are sloughed off by a brush, sponge or by other means. Face exfoliation should be an integral part of your skin care. When you exfoliate your face you remove the dead surface skin cells and the oil that cause pored to plug and lead to problems like blackheads, whiteheads, pimples and acne. If you don’t remove these cells regularly they can clog the sebaceous pores and make your skin look dull and patchy.
What are the benefits of regular face exfoliation?
• speeds up the process of skin flaking and shedding
• improves your complexion
• makes your skin look brighter and feel smoother
• encourages the growth of new skin cells
• increases blood circulation
• brings glow to your face
• improves skin texture and color
• removes skin blockages
• allows your face to maintain an adequate amount of oil
• gives the impression of erasing fine lines and wrinkles
• keeps your skin clear and healthy looking
• stimulates cellular renewal
• prevents breakouts
• removes toxins from your skin
• skin preparations are absorbed more easily
How to exfoliate the face?
Cleanse your face using a mild cleanser to remove the impurities and the residue of makeup.
Wet your face and apply an exfoliating cleanser designed for the face or sprinkle it onto a sponge or brush.
Scrub using gentle circular motions avoiding the eye area because the skin is very delicate and can be easily damaged by abrasive products.
Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat it dry.
Apply an exfoliating mask – it will bring glow to your skin and it will nourish it.
At the end don’t forget to apply moisturizer or a nourishing face cream.
What exfoliating products to use?
Exfoliating scrubs - The scrubs treat the surface of the skin but unfortunately don’t do what a true exfoliator does which is remove the surface cells debris leaving the skin in a heightened state of cleanliness. Most of them contain apricot seeds, kernels, almond meal and oatmeal. The natural fruit-based products are excellent peels. Exfoliating scrubs leave your skin smooth and youthful; they increase blood and lymph circulation.
Exfoliating gels – The most effective exfoliating peels are non-abrasive and gel-based. These gels help to keep the skin moisturized. The scrubs leave your skin feeling smoother and more refined without being irritated. The gel-based peels are excellent for acne because they don’t add further irritation to skin that is already raw. The exfoliating gels don’t contain irritating granules or abrasive ingredients that can damage your skin.
Exfoliating astringents can be used as mild exfoliants if sparingly used. They help dry blemishes without drying or irritating your skin and control excess facial oil. The exfoliating astringents are appropriate for every skin type even for acne-prone skins.
Exfoliating masks are designed to remove the dead skin cells. They encourage cell turnover and leave your skin renewed and refreshed.
Full face exfoliation should occur after deep cleanse and before applying a facial mask. You should exfoliate your face not more than twice a week, give your skin enough time to produce new skin cells.
Tips To Exfoliate Your Face:
• Use exfoliating products specifically designed for the face because the other may be too abrasive and irritating for your skin
• Apply facial scrubs only on cleansed, damp skin
• Always use light, circular motions
• Always apply moisturizer after face exfoliation because exfoliating causes your skin to dry out
• Never over-exfoliate – you can seriously damage your skin
• Exfoliation may leave your skin vulnerable to UV rays that’s why using a sunscreen is a must
• Never exfoliate if your skin is sunburned or has open wounds
• Always use products of high quality
• If your skin is sensitive or dry, use less abrasive products and avoid using products containing sea salts